Don't Label Me

Friday, April 8, 2011

Ich bin ein Auslander!!!

My flight was good.  I had a row to myself and slept horizontal the whole time, except for watching "The King's Speech".  Then from London to Berlin I slept some more.  ;)

Michelle, Paul and Jen were there to meet me as planned (with beer in hand!) and the trip to the apartment was painless.  Our place is great with everything we need, but it's a bit ghetto.  The owners have 2 places and this place seems to be the storage apartment.  Lots of mis-matching things.  I don't mind though, it's a roof over my head with full ammenities for cheap cheap.  Who am I to complain?  I have my alter to Vancouver already started.  I just need some antique picture frames.

Yesterday M & I went to IKEA to get some household items...  dark curtains for my room, pillows, bedding, etc.  I slept much better last night as a result.  Set up my room, unpacked everything.  Went to a market by myself yesterday to get some food.  I did well on my own because I can go by sight, but buying spices, I need a dictionary next time.  :)

Today I register with the city to become a Citizen of Berlin!!!  :D  After that I think we'll do some more grocery shopping.  Then, not sure what as the day is open.

I did hear from my friend Oliver in Berlin so maybe I will see him sometime.

Missing and loving you all!!!

Devi

No comments: