Don't Label Me

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Finally... a photo post!

So now that we officially have the internets at our apartment, I will commence posting with photos henceforth!

I'll start with my adventures today.  Aside from dealing with getting my online banking set up, having my Handynummer changed within the bank branch and fighting a killer headache for the better part of the day, I did get out to see a cemetery close to our place in Neukölln called St. Jacobi I (ev. Friedhof).  I believe the oldest family plot I saw was 1850:




This one provoked a lot of thought in me because of the damage caused in WWII.  I did some effects on it to make it look vintage:




 This plot was a bit of a challenge with the shadows and bright sky combating for dominance.  Keeping the green crisp without having too much of the interior in shadow.  I love how strong Mother Nature is.  Fights her way through anything:







 These are just for texture and colour:








This is the final set I will show you of the cemetery.  This family plot is dated as early as 1890.  I love how time as worn away the concrete layer over the plaster base.  I also loved the complimentary contrast of dark and light.  I think I've finally found a theme for my photography, as I tend to go for contrast:





 Had enough yet?  I can keep going...  but for today, I think this is all I will post.  I will try to cover my last months photographic steps within the week so as not to have yet another month pass with a pictureless blog.

Love and misses,
Devi 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you said henceforth, hee hee!

beautiful pics. Wish I was there!

Anonymous said...

Dee you are a brilliant photographer, what amazing photos. You could have a showing.
Love ya - Mom

Anonymous said...

awsesome pics Dee. the tombs were obviously made for prominent people of their day--the Greek /Roman style is nice, quaint--almost spooky with nature taking over. the man's face is probably a close resemblance to the person in the tomb--like the dead not dying. if he has any relatives still living and visiting that tomb the stone face is there to look at for them. looking forward to seeing more.
love ya, Dad